Saturday, June 15, 2013

Quiet Time with God

I have been awake since 5 a.m. I kept trying to fight it and go back to sleep, but finally gave in to "awakeness", and started thinking maybe God had something for me in this early morning time when the rest of my house sleeps. So, I am reading Scriptures, listening to Bethel Music, and waiting. So many times in my quiet time with Him, I begin to write. I think it's because that is when I am alone with my thoughts and with His words, and no other voice can be heard. I am in a strange season right now. God is moving, God is blessing, but there is a stillness at the same time. There is a barrier I can't seem to break through. There is a place God is wanting to take me. I feel it, I yearn for it....yet I can't get there.

I have been really struggling with the subject of friendship. I guess it's like this for all moms with little children who try to juggle a marriage, being a mom, working full time, being active in a church. It feels like friendship and "girl time" are the LAST thing on the list. But it is in that time so often that I get to think, examine my heart, share my heart with another lady who is going through a lot of the same battles as me. It gives me clarity and feeds my weary soul. So I guess my question is, how do I carve out that time? How do I make it a priority? And how do I find someone who desires the same thing that I do? I have a friend that I have this type of relationship with, but it seems too infrequent that we can find time to be together. And I look for meaningful friendships with people who are right in front of me, but who simply do not have that to offer me right now..which leaves me feeling as though I have done something wrong. 

On a different note, I am SO enjoying my time at home with my kids this summer. Yes, it's been a struggle at times. One or the other has been sick almost the whole time I've been off. But, I look at these remarkable little creatures that the Lord entrusted to me, and I am just WOWED at His greatness. Noah is such an amazing little guy. He is so smart and intuitive at such a young age. He is one year old and has an amazing vocabulary and a fierce love for his family. Then there is my precious firstborn child, my daughter, my Hannah. She is beautiful, intelligent, and loving. She will be going to school where I teach this school year, and she is so excited. I know she is going to make me so proud!

This is Father's Day weekend, and I am so overjoyed to be able to celebrate my husband Daniel. He is an amazing dad, husband, son, friend, minister. God is truly doing a work in our marriage, and after almost seven years of marriage, I find more to love about him now than when we first married.


0 comments: